4/10/13

Makeup Review: Silk Naturals

Bought - 2/3/13
Shipped - 2/4/13
Received - 2/6/13
HELLA FAST.

What I got:
  • Vegan Lipstick in "Negligee" - Supposedly a dupe for MAC "Velvet Teddy," which is generally considered across the internet the best "nude lipstick" for people with my skin's shade. I agree. It's quite flattering/compatible. I wish it were a smidge lighter.
  • Kisser Slicker Organic Lipgloss Stick in "Centerfold" - Centerfold is a sheer light tan nude, with no shimmer and just a hint of pink in it. It turns out that it's actually the same color as my lips, so when I put it on, it just makes my lips more even-toned and shiny. ***UPDATE: If I put this on in the morning, by midday this makes my lips PEEL, FLAKE, and feel raw like no other. A BIG NO.
  • 2% BHA Toner (4oz. bottle) - Ingredients: Distilled Water, Aloe Vera Juice, Black Willow Bark Extract. I haven't tried it yet, but I generally get good results with BHA (salicylic acid), so I think this will probably work as well.
  • "Namaste" Eyeshadow (Free gift with purchase) - Light, shimmery (almost metallic) peach beige. I guess I can use this for natural/easy daytime looks. 
  • Free Sample of "Secret" Lip Gloss - Reddish, pinkish brown. Looks like a slightly metallic and warmer version of Covergirl "Rush." (I didn't swatch this sample, but I did swatch "Rush." See pictures below.)
About the company: They have an extensive eyeshadow selection. They do a lot of dupes of colors from larger commercial brands (like MAC, Bare Minerals, Bobbi Brown, NARS, etc.). They have several different types of lip products as well and some are dupes of MAC colors (again). They also have blushes (once again, some are dupes of famous commercial brands). I hear great things about their skincare, and that's what compelled me to make a purchase (adding the two lip products was an afterthought).

Would I purchase again? Sure. If this toner turns out to be awesome for my skin, I would place another purchase (however later on I plan to make my own BHA toner since I've found a few places that sell raw ingredients, so if I'm lazy and don't go with my plans, I'd come back to Silk Naturals). I also want to buy a few of the blushes and maybe try a few of their eyeshadows (like I really need anymore of either of those...). I don't think I would place another purchase any time soon though. I have way too many of everything.

image
image
image
image
PICTURE BELOW: Negligee on left, Centerfold on right.
image
image
Picture above and all the subsequent pictures below (from left to right):
Fyrinnae "Masala," Covergirl Lip Perfection "Rush," Silk Naturals "Negligee," Silk Naturals "Centerfold." Yeah, the pictures are all kinda the same, but I took the time to take the pictures and edit them so I just posted them all. xD
image
(L to R): Fyrinnae "Masala," Covergirl Lip Perfection "Rush," Silk Naturals "Negligee," Silk Naturals "Centerfold."
image
(L to R): Fyrinnae "Masala," Covergirl Lip Perfection "Rush," Silk Naturals "Negligee," Silk Naturals "Centerfold."
image
(L to R): Fyrinnae "Masala," Covergirl Lip Perfection "Rush," Silk Naturals "Negligee," Silk Naturals "Centerfold."
image
(L to R): Fyrinnae "Masala," Covergirl Lip Perfection "Rush," Silk Naturals "Negligee," Silk Naturals "Centerfold."
image
(L to R): Fyrinnae "Masala," Covergirl Lip Perfection "Rush," Silk Naturals "Negligee," Silk Naturals "Centerfold."
image
PICTURE BELOW: Silk Naturals Lip Gloss in "Secret." Pretty much looks exactly like Covergirl "Rush."
image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! If you have any questions or comments, just go ahead and comment away. I'll get back to you within 1-3 days. :) Thanks for reading!