3/31/14

Makeup Review: Darling Girl Cosmetics Primer & Glitter Glue

I've bought from Darling Girl Cosmetics once before. I got a full sized jar in Persuasion and Sushi Flower, and that was it. It was years ago. I never used those shadows (I was on a purple kick at the time and bought every pretty purpley color I came across).

More recently, I bought ten mini jars from Femme Fatale. I can tell the colors are beautiful duochromes, but I can't get them to come up with their lovely sheens because I didn't have a primer. I do own Fyrinnae's infamous Pixie Epoxy, but due to my inability to learn how to use it properly (I always used too much or I let it dry too long, etc.) and the fact that it makes blending a lot more difficult, I never use it. It has taken residence somewhere in my numerous makeup boxes. Anyway, I came across DGC's primer from somewhere. I was doing a lot of googling on indie primers and settled on buying DGC's.

I bought the Primped & Primed Primer in a 3g jar ($4) and the Glitter Glue ($6.75).

Cute wrapping!

All of the lovelies lined up. GWP is an eyeshadow called Sovereign. Also got a free sample.

And now the testing! I whipped out four shadows that I knew needed a primer in order to show their full beauty. I have, from left to right:
  • Femme Fatale Cosmetics "Impsy" (a dark purple with gold glitter/sheen)
  • Femme Fatale Cosmetics "Flowers from Flames" (orange with goldish/chartreuse sheen)
  • Femme Fatale Cosmetics "Divinity" (pale pink with gold sheen)
  • Fyrinnae Cosmetics "Fireside Interlude" (burnt orange with copper sheen)

All the shadows in their jars.
THE PRIMER TO BE TESTED!

L to R: Impsy, Flowers from Flames, Divinity, Fireside Interlude. The upper portion is on bare skin and the lower portion is on the primer.

L to R: Impsy, Flowers from Flames, Divinity, Fireside Interlude. The upper portion is on bare skin and the lower portion is on the primer.

L to R: Impsy, Flowers from Flames, Divinity, Fireside Interlude. The upper portion is on bare skin and the lower portion is on the primer.

L to R: Impsy, Flowers from Flames, Divinity, Fireside Interlude. The upper portion is on bare skin and the lower portion is on the primer.
As you all can see from photo evidence (I took many to show different angles), the DGC's Primped and Primed primer is a COMPLETE WIN. $4 to make my shadows super sexy shiny. Easy to use, no need to learn how to use it (*cough* Fyrinnae PE), and WORKS. I'm completely sold. I'm done. This is a holy grail product. Hahaha.

Then I went on to try the Glitter Glue.

The two swatches on the far left are of the GWP "Sovereign."

There is barely any difference between the swatches.
DGC's Glitter Glue is a watery gel that works just as fabulously as the primer. It is a LOT easier to use than Fyrinnae's PE to me because it's less sticky. However, I don't see much of a difference between the foiling effect of the Glitter Glue when compared to Primped & Primed, and because P&P is a lot easier to use and a little cheaper, I'd say I'd pick P&P over GG anyday.


More angles.

One last shot of all the pretties.

One thing to note is that P&P is beige in color. Although it rubs out clear, I did find that with blue or green shadows, it P&P will dull it a TINY bit (it's not noticeable unless you compare it with a swatch over GG). The colorlessness of GG, in that case, wins because it makes blues and greens extra vibrant and true to color.

For longevity, both P&P and GG wore all day on me with minimal fading. I usually never have problems with creasing and I don't have particularly greasy lids, so usually I can get by even without a primer. I use primers mainly for color enhancement and occasionally for longevity.

In summation:
  • DGC's Primped & Primed = COMPLETE 100% WIN. Will repurchase 10/10. I recommend it to everyone.
  • DGC's Glitter Glue > Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy, both in usability and price.
  • GO GIT SOME.

Darling Girl Cosmetics gets a huge A+ from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! If you have any questions or comments, just go ahead and comment away. I'll get back to you within 1-3 days. :) Thanks for reading!