3/28/14

Perfume Review: Saturnalia by Deep Midnight Perfumes

Bought - 3/25/2013
Shipped - 3/27/2013
Received - 3/29/2013

image

I bought a full-sized bottle of Saturnalia and also got 2 freebies in Black Arrow and Aloysius.
SATURNALIA
This scent evokes the feeling of ancient ritual and festivity with an earthy mix of Arabian sandalwood, Sudanese frankincense, and patchouli blended with the aromas of roasted chestnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts, and finished with cranberries and sweet cake.
I'm so, so glad that I chose to give all of Deep Midnight's smells a second chance through that revisited series. Before, Saturnalia was just whatever, but after trying it a second time when I'm not raging with retarded hormones, I found it fricken delicious and I needed a full-size bottle IMMEDIATELY.

I also have to add that after a few more uses, I think the best way to describe it is that it is like cranberry tea with sweet cream and light powdery incense with an overall creamy feel. IT'S AMAZING.
_____

BLACK ARROW
Deep resins, blackened honey, and smoldering dragonfire envelop you in a daring, dark, and adventurous scent.

THOUGHTS: Very deep, pungent resin. It's sharp, heavy and strong. No honey. A bit smokey. Very interesting and very masculine, and it smells pretty decent but I can't smell it for prolonged periods of time before I get a little sick of it.
_____

ALOYSIUS
Decadent old wood, rum, rich dark leather, and soft touches of sugar, citrus and mint.

THOUGHTS: I used to layer equal parts of Darling Clandestine's Tapadero, Serpentina, and Mad As Birds. I didn't like them enough separately, but when put together, they were amazing. Aloysius smells exactly like that. I get the freshness from the citrus and mint, the light sweetness from the sugar. It actually smells like very very light tea, a touch of mint, and sugar (that's what Tapadero + Serpentina + Mad as Birds smelled like to me as well; Tapadero is wood, roses, & leather; Serpentina is opium & tea; Mad As Birds is mint, pear, and some flowers). I am obsessed with this. I might have to get a bottle after I finish my sample.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! If you have any questions or comments, just go ahead and comment away. I'll get back to you within 1-3 days. :) Thanks for reading!