3/19/14

Perfume Review: Deep Midnight Perfumes (REVISITED) — Conclusion

Okay. This is the final installment of my revisit with Deep Midnight Perfumes.



image

All of the samples lined up looking pretty after I've tested them again.

I wrote 5 posts before this one, labeled as part 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. See my previous posts for them. Each part basically reviews these scents again after I tested them once and hated them just to see if my opinion has changed.

Part 1 covers: The Halfling's Party, Thalia, Blood & Donuts, Tea Room Cookie, Brimstone & Treacle
Part 2 covers: Nivens, Dark Winter's Tale, A Study in Brown, Mad as a Hatter, Saturnalia
Part 3 covers: Wilde at Heart, Tea with a Dragon, Wassail, French Chocolate Macaroon, Haunted Hayride, Mayan Mystery
Part 4 covers: Ladies of London, Carnivale Rouge, Velvet Harlot, Dark Mother, Euphrosyne
Part 5 covers: Sweet Calavera, Catrianna's Cauldron, Tara's Burning, Charis, Bella Donna Kiss

image

This is how I categorized the smells BEFORE.
Washers (smells that I felt compelled to wash off immediately):
  • Blood & Donuts
  • Carnivale Rouge
  • French Chocolate Macaroon
  • Mad as a Hatter
  • Mayan Mystery
  • Tea With A Dragon
  • Euphrosyne
  • Wassail
  • Ladies of London
Meh (smells that were tolerable, but probably won't use. Might swap or sell them off.):
  • A Study in Brown
  • Dark Mother
  • Saturnalia
  • Wilde at Heart
  • Brimstone & Treacle
  • Tea Room Cookie
  • Tara’s Burning
  • Dark Winter’s Tale
  • Charis
  • Sweet Calavera
  • Haunted Hayride
  • Catrianna’s Cauldron
  • Bella Donna Kiss
  • Velvet Harlot
Meh but Good (smells that I like enough to use up, but won't repurchase):
None.

I liked (stuff I would consider repurchasing):
  • The Halfling’s Party
  • Thalia
  • Nivens
image

Any my categorizations NOW?

Washers (smells that I felt compelled to wash off immediately):
  • Mayan Mystery
  • French Chocolate Macaroon
  • Carnivale Rouge
  • Euphrosyne
Meh (smells that were tolerable, but probably won't use. Might swap or sell them off.):
  • Tea with a Dragon
  • Dark Mother
  • Charis
Meh but Good (smells that I like enough to use up, but won't repurchase):
  • Nivens
  • Dark Winter's Tale
  • A Study in Brown
  • Mad as a Hatter
  • Wilde at Heart
  • Wassail
  • Haunted Hayride
  • Ladies of London
  • Velvet Harlot
  • Sweet Calavera
I liked (stuff I would consider repurchasing):
  • The Halfling's Party (already repurchased!)
  • Thalia
  • Blood & Donuts
  • Brimstone & Treacle
  • Saturnalia (already repurchased!)
  • Catrianna's Cauldron
  • Tara's Burning
  • Bella Donna Kiss
Clearly there is a difference from my last assessment.

image

Of course, all of the "Meh but Good" smells are subject to change. I find that oftentimes, after repeated use, I would end up wanting to repurchase a smell that I didn't want to before.

Overall, I have to give props for Deep Midnight and a huge fuck-you to my skin during menstruation. I'm glad I did this second evaluation because a never-again-no-way company became a yes-please-I'll-come-again company. Woohoo!

image

NOTE: I imported this post from my tumblr and it was written a while ago. Since the writing of this post, I've actually gone back to DM and purchased several full sizes. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a few samples from Deep Midnight lying around that I haven't tried yet, now I need to go dig them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they work for you! Which ones do you have?

      Delete

Hello! If you have any questions or comments, just go ahead and comment away. I'll get back to you within 1-3 days. :) Thanks for reading!