4/5/14

Some Fyrinnae Swatches

This was an order I bought and received sometime ago in February 2014. It's the first order I ever placed after Fyrinnae changed its formula to its current clumpy ball form. These are some pretty shit-tastic swatches, but I did them right after I opened my package.

All swatches done with my finger, swiped onto bare skin. Taken in indoor unnatural lighting. Slightly color adjusted in photoshop to make it less yellow (my room light is super yellow).

Photos after the cut!



L to R: Space Kitty, Sled Puppies, Cupcake Frosting, AM: Pyromantic Erotica, Electro-Koi, It Beautifies!, Fireside Interlude, Red Panda

Space Kitty, Sled Puppies, and Cupcake Frosting all have the same super glittery, almost crumbly/gritty texture. It's smooth, but the glitter flakes are kinda big so they are right on the border of becoming gritty. All three of them have a sheer to non-existent base and are just sparkletastic glitters. Might need a sticky base like Pixie Epoxy or Glitter Glue to ensure reduced fallout. Sled Puppies makes me look like I have snow on my eyelid. Pretty cool effect, but not flattering (I have medium warm-toned skin and anything super light colors looks weird on me).

Next thing. HOLY FUCKING SHIT PYROMANTIC EROTICA. SO BEAUTIFUL. It's a tangerine orange with a chartreuse shift and I FUCKING LOVE IT. Need a full size after I finish this mini.

L to R: Space Kitty, Sled Puppies, Cupcake Frosting, AM: Pyromantic Erotica, Electro-Koi, It Beautifies!, Fireside Interlude, Red Panda
Electro-Koi is a gorgeous shimmery, sparkly orange. NUFF SAID.
It Beautifies! is a gorgeous metallic mid-toned bronze. Great for neutral looks that still look snazzy.


L to R: Space Kitty, Sled Puppies, Cupcake Frosting, AM: Pyromantic Erotica, Electro-Koi, It Beautifies!, Fireside Interlude, Red Panda
Fireside Interlude is a matte burnt orange with gold or bronze sheen. This needs some kind of primer or sticky base to get the full effect to show. Without a primer or stick base, only the matte orange shows up and it can get a little patchy.

Red Panda is a metallic dark red-orange. One of the more simple colors from Fyrinnae that I've seen (doesn't have that much sparkly shit nor effects as the others), but still beautiful.

About the new formula: the clumpiness is due to the addition of a binder in the formula. The binder helps reduce fallout. I never get that much fallout from Fyrinnae anyway, but these shadows do apply a little easier and can be slightly swiped (usually Fyrinnae advises the user to pat and not swipe the shadows on). I'll need to get a color I already own in the new formula and compare it with the old in order to see how much of a difference it makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! If you have any questions or comments, just go ahead and comment away. I'll get back to you within 1-3 days. :) Thanks for reading!