4/17/14

Swatches: Illamasqua Lover, Fyrinnae Nordic Angel & Enchant

A long time ago (1-2 years ago), I went to Sephora and asked a sales associate to find my shade with Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation and to recommend me a good blush for my skintone. She put Illamasqua "Lover" on my face and GODDAMN I REALLY DID FALL IN LOVE. However, at the time, I was pretty broke (well, still broke) and couldn't justify buying it ($26 for a blush? FORREAL?!). The thought of Lover never left my mind though, so recently when Sephora had a 15% off coupon, I took that chance to nab Lover (finally! I've wanted it for so long!).

I ONLY SAVED $3.90 BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS WORTH IT OKAY

I've been in a coral/pink/orange blush kick lately (the brighter the better), so while I was browsing Fyrinnae and adding some shadows I don't have into my cart, I decided to just throw in the blushes Nordic Angel and Enchant as well. I also, for some reason, remembered Lover to be a lot brighter than it actually is, so at the time that I was buying Nordic Angel and Enchant, I was hoping one of them could end up being a dupe for Lover so that I can return it (and get dat money back because the price still scars me).

Swatches of all three blushes after the cut!
Click on the images to enlarge them.

L to R: Illamasqua Lover, Fyrinnae Nordic Angel, Fyrinnae Enchant
  
L to R: Illamasqua Lover, Fyrinnae Nordic Angel, Fyrinnae Enchant

L to R: Illamasqua Lover, Fyrinnae Nordic Angel, Fyrinnae Enchant. Taken with flash.

L to R: Illamasqua Lover, Fyrinnae Nordic Angel, Fyrinnae Enchant. Taken with natural light.

L to R: Illamasqua Lover, Fyrinnae Nordic Angel, Fyrinnae Enchant. Taken with natural light.

L to R: Illamasqua Lover, Fyrinnae Nordic Angel, Fyrinnae Enchant. Taken with unnatural room lighting.

L to R: Illamasqua Lover, Fyrinnae Nordic Angel, Fyrinnae Enchant. Taken with unnatural room lighting.
AND HERE ARE FACE SWATCHES! They were all heavily applied with an angled blush brush from Bdellium (green bamboo line). They almost look all the same. =/

Click on the image to enlarge.


Anyway, I really really dig the Fyrinnae blushes. They're so pretty. Nordic Angel has a more dusty rose tone to it whereas Enchant is more orange/coral. Nordic Angel also has a very slight satin sheen while Enchant is matte. And of course, from photo evidence, neither of them are dupes for Illamasqua Lover.

I used to own two other Fyrinnae blushes, Captivate and Enrapture. Back then, I didn't know how to use them because they were TOO pigmented, so I sold them on ebay. Nordic Angel and Enchant aren't hard to deal with at all though, so I'm wondering if my technique has improved, my tools are better now, or if Fyrinnae made their blushes more blendable (maybe a combination of all three). Hmmm.

Lover is super soft, silky, matte, and an overall very flattering blush on me. Oh how I wish I could find a cheaper alternative...

Anyway, hope this post helps! My search for an Illamasqua Lover dupe continues! Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! If you have any questions or comments, just go ahead and comment away. I'll get back to you within 1-3 days. :) Thanks for reading!