7/10/14

Fyrinnae Lip Lustre Haul and Swatches!

Fyrinnae recently had a rare sale on its lip lustres. YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

Fyrinnae Lip Lustres. L to R: Visual Kei, Sexy Nerd, Pygmy Hippo, Winter Romance, Dragon's Blood, Nemesis

I bought six colors: Visual Kei, Sexy Nerd, Pygmy Hippo, Winter Romance, Dragon's Blood, and Nemesis. I'm actually really sad that I didn't pick up 1952, Meloncholy, and Queer Theory as well. Maybe next time. I also bought a full jar of Tapir and a mini of Debonair and got a freebie of the new blush, Greek Goddess. I'll swatch those another time! Lip lustre swatches after the cut. :)




The arm swatches below were done right after I opened my package. The image leans a little warm.

Fyrinnae Lip Lustres. L to R: Visual Kei, Sexy Nerd, Pygmy Hippo, Winter Romance, Dragon's Blood, Nemesis

I really love Fyrinnae's lip lustre formula. It's smooth, creamy, non-greasy, non-sticky, and comfortable to wear. However, the downside is that they don't really dry (read: they smear), they're hard to build up to full opacity sometimes, and some of the darker colors look a bit streaky. I still like them though, and I love the colors and names.

And on to the lip swatches! I'm still trying to figure out how to make my lip swatches look nicer, so bear with me. 

Also note: I forgot to do Visual Kei, but it's basically a bright-ass hot pink and I love it (ESPECIALLY FOR THE NAME. Fact: I was a hardcore j-rock and specifically visual kei fan back in middle school.).

Bare lips plus a spot where I ripped off my skin. Oops.

Fyrinnae Winter Romance

Fyrinnae Dragon's Blood

Fyrinnae Sexy Nerd

The staining from Fyrinnae's Sexy Nerd.

Fyrinnae Pygmy Hippo

Fyrinnae Nemesis. Note the streakiness. Nemesis was also impossible to build up to full opacity.

Staining from Nemesis that lasted TWO DAYS.

Apparently it looks like I smeared something under my eye too in that Nemesis stain pic. Looks like I just got jabbed in the face??

Maybe if I remember, I'll update this post with lip swatches of Visual Kei. It's a stainer too, and I don't know if I want to deal with the staining. Hahaha.

Bonus: These are swatch pics of Visual Kei, Masala, and Less than Three that I took years ago (hence the different angles and stuff, which annoys me because I'm all about uniformity).

Fyrinnae Masala

Fyrinnae Masala

Fyrinnae Masala

Fyrinnae Less Than Three

Fyrinnae Visual Kei

Fyrinnae Masala

Thanks for looking! Now I just gotta get dem orange colors. Sigh. Fyrinnae never disappoints.

4 comments:

  1. *creeper* Your lips and cheeks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. creeping - can you still post a newer picture of visual kei? maybe with sexy nerd? pretty please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I no longer own Sexy Nerd, but I still have Visual Kei.

      Delete

Hello! If you have any questions or comments, just go ahead and comment away. I'll get back to you within 1-3 days. :) Thanks for reading!