12/6/14

Review & First Impressions: InstaNatural Skincare Products

Recently, I received three products from a brand called InstaNatural through a Brandbacker campaign. I got the Youth Express Eye Gel, Hyaluronic Acid Serum, and the Vitamin C Facial Toner. All of these items and more from InstaNatural can be purchase on their website or from their Amazon page.

The main focus of this review is for the Hyaluronic Acid Serum, which can be purchased at these links:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K2O3NV2
http://instanatural.com/products/hyaluronic-acid-serum/

The other two items were extras for my consideration. Onwards to the reviews!



I was provided with a coupon to get these items for free from their Amazon shop, and the first thing I have to say is HOLY SHIT THEIR TAT IS FAST. I ordered on Friday 11/21 and received my items on SUNDAY, 11/23. Yeah. They fricken gave me Sunday USPS delivery. I didn't even know that existed.

Everything was double wrapped in bubble wrap and packed with care into a cardboard box. All bottles were shrink-wrapped. Everything came intact.

InstaNatural Skincare - All the stuff in a box.

InstaNatural Skincare (L to R): Vitamin C Toner, Eye Gel, Hyaluronic Acid Serum

Although all the photos were taking right after opening the package, I tested each item for a few days, separately, to get a good opinion on each thing.

InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Toner

First of all, here are InstaNatural's claims on the Vitamin C Facial Toner:
InstaNatural’s Pore Tightening Vitamin C Facial Toner is an all-in-one hydrator infused with anti-aging ingredients to leave your skin feeling refreshed and balanced with each pump of its formula. Vitamin C in the mist helps renew skin by neutralizing free radicals and UV-related damage to protect and strengthen the epidermis. Witch Hazel’s astringent properties purify oily skin and tighten pores, all while the sulfur drives deep penetration of these ingredients to increase skin elasticity. With each spray, your face is restored to natural pH levels and is in prime condition to absorb serums and moisturizers effectively.
Cleanse skin first, then gently spray toner over entire face and neck. Wipe with a cotton pad or cotton ball if needed. Allow to dry. Can be used daily as needed and under makeup. Follow with any of our serums or moisturizers. 
And here are the ingredients:
Water infused with Magnesium, Potassium, and Silica, Organic Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), colloidal silver, lavender distillate, geranium essential oil, caprylyl capryl glucoside, hydroxyethyl cellulose, carrageenan gum, R lipoic acid, grapefruit seed, rosemary seed extract, vitamin C (sodium ascorbyl phosphate), glycolic acid, 19+ plant-derived enzymatic concentrate, camu camu berry, tamanu oil, noni (morinda citrifolia), lemon essential oil, wildcrafted green tea, chamomile essential oil, wildcrafted arnica, tea tree essential oil, propolis, carrot oil, vitamin E (tocopherol acetate), sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethyl hexyl glycerin
MY THOUGHTS:

I typed up the ingredients by looking at the bottle because the website doesn't have a full list of ingredients unless requested. That's kind of annoying (not to mention a pain in the ass to type). The listing for the product only lists vitamin C, witch hazel, MSM, and tea tree oil as the ingredients. That's kind of a shame because this toner has tons of other really awesome sounding ingredients from looking at the list.

Anyway, I'm not a toner person. I cannot be bothered enough to put some liquidy stuff on my face before moisturizer, and if I have to apply it with a cotton ball, I will pretty much never touch it. Fuck that shit. I don't have the time and money for cotton ball application! Thus, the format of this toner is great. It comes in a spray bottle. YES.

I don't want to put huge blocks of text, so I will proceed with lists of pros and cons.

PROS:

  • Spray bottle is VERY convenient (4 sprays on the face is good. Anymore than that starts running into my eyes when I try to open them and that sucks.)
  • Light, refreshing, and makes my skin feel decently plump after it soaks in.
  • In conjunction with my regular moisturizer, Cetaphil in the tub, it leaves my skin nicely smooth and moisturized after a night's sleep.
  • No alcohol. A lot of toners have alcohol and that pisses me off (another reason why I don't use them).
CONS/OTHER NOTES:
  • Spray nozzle doesn't give a perfect conical mist. Heavily concentrated on the outer ring and less spraying in the center of the spray.
  • If I leave it on my face too long before putting on moisturizer, after the plump and moisturized phase, it starts to dry out my face. Absolutely needs another moisturizer on top. HOWEVER, the directions tell me to put a moisturizer on after the toner, so it's not meant to be used alone anyway.
  • OH MY GOD THAT GERANIUM SMELL IS STRONG. I'm not a fan of geranium, and this thing smells heavily of it. I smelled the geranium before I even took off the shrink-wrap. I kinda got used to it, but still would prefer some other smell.

Overall, I actually really like this. Spraying it on before putting on my moisturizer at night or my sunscreen in the morning make everything go on smoother and my skin feel happier. I think I might actually repurchase this after I'm done with this bottle.

Would I recommend? Yes.

InstaNatural Youth Express Eye Serum

First of all, here are InstaNatural's claims on the Youth Express Eye Serum:
InstaNatural’s Eye Gel provides absolute care to the eye area. It is enriched with Plant Stem Cells, Hyaluronic Acid, Matrixyl 3000, Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil to help with dark circles, wrinkles, puffiness and sagging skin. This blend of powerful ingredients increases elasticity and enhances the tone of your skin to provide a firm, plump appearance.
  • Provides ultimate care and protection to eye area
  • Goes on gently and is safe for all skin types
  • Reduces appearance of puffiness and dark circles around eyes
  • Contains organic ingredients and is 100% natural
Dab gently around the eyes, forehead and cheek area. Allow to dry. Use twice daily (morning and night) for best results. Can be applied to entire face to fight against the signs of aging. 
And here are the ingredients:
Deionized water, organic aloe, matrixyl 3000, palmitoyl triepeptide-3, kosher vegetable glycerin, plant stem cells, cucumber hydrosol, organic jojoba oil, hyaluronic acid, methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), hydroxyethyl cellulose, carrageenan gum, silk amino acid blend (sodium L-pyrrolidone carboxylate, sodium lactate, l'arginine, L-aspartic acid, L-pyrrolidonecarboxylic acid, glycine, L-alanine, L-serine, L-valine, L-proline, L-threonine, L-isoleucine, L-histidine, L-phenylalanine), periwinkle (wildcrafted vinca major), organic licorice (glycirrhiza glabra), wildcrafted eye bright (euphrasia officinalis), wildcrafted reishi (glanoderma lucidum), organic gotu kola, frankincense (boswellia serrata), vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate), sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethyl hexyl glycerin

MY THOUGHTS: Again, the website doesn't have a full list of ingredients unless you request it, so I had to type with one hand while holding the bottle in the other (the font is too small to just lay it down and type while looking). That was an incredible pain in the ass.

Anyway, I used this all over my face twice a day for a week. InstaNatural sent me an email which told me a bunch of tips (already shown above) plus this:
Useful Tip: Keep using the product for at least 8 weeks. Many of our customers have reported seeing great results around this time.
Obviously I haven't used this for 8 weeks, so I can't say if that statement is true, but after one week, I can say that this gel really only moisturizes my face. One pump is good enough for my whole face, and it keep my skin plump and happy. It is a little sticky though even after letting it set and sink in, which gets annoying during the daytime. That's pretty much all I can say about this product so far. I don't see any difference in my fine lines under my eyes, and there isn't any noticeable complexion differences either. There is no noticeable scent.

Would I recommend? Maybe. I'll have to report back after 8 weeks to see if there was any difference.

InstaNatural Hyaluronic Acid Serum

InstaNatural's claims and info for the Hyaluronic Acid Serum:
InstaNatural’s Hyaluronic Acid Serum contains Hyaluronic Acid along with a perfect blend of antioxidants such as Vitamin C + Jojoba Oil + Green Tea. With a capacity to sustain up to a 1,000 times its weight in water, Hyaluronic Acid is a great natural hydrator by helping the skin to retain moisture.
  • Provides hydration to soothe dry and flaky skin
  • Does not contain alcohol or parabens
  • Enriched with Vitamin C, Green Tea and Aloe for a boost in antioxidants
  • Helps tackle signs of aging by increasing firmness and strength of skin
And the ingredients (oh boy, not typing again...):
Deionized water, organic aloe, witch hazel, hyaluronic acid, kosher vegetable glycerin, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), hydroxyethyl cellulose, carrageenan gum, organic jojoba oil, wildcrafted green tea, geranium essential oil, vitamin C (sodium ascorbyl phosphate), vitamin E (tocopheryl acetate), sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethyl hexyl glycerin
MY THOUGHTS: I am not unfamiliar with hyaluronic acid. I used to use some milky lotions from Japanese brand Hadalabo, and they have a lot of toners and gels that are hyaluronic acid based. This is essentially the same thing. It's a bit tricky to get out of the bottle using a dropper because it's a viscous gel (the trick is to squeeze the dropper outside of the bottle, dunk it it, and THEN let it suck up a bit). I think this could definitely be better in a vacuum pump bottle. It is light and spreadable and makes my skin plump (as all hyaluronic acid products do). About two full droppers worth of product is good for the whole face. It dries down nicely but stays a little sticky. I usually top it with Cetaphil lotion. Overall, it's moisturizing. That's about it. I don't have painfully dry skin or anything, so honestly, I really don't see a huge need for this in my routine, but it does what it's supposed to.

Would I recommend? Sure, if you need it.

Stay tuned for my reviews of the Cellulite Cream, Stretch Mark & Scar Cream, Age-Defying Moisturizer, Youth Express Eye Serum (instead of gel), and Age-Defying Skin Clearing Serum!

Have any of you tried InstaNatural's products before?

This review is powered my Brandbacker. All items in this review were provided to me by InstaNatural free of cost, but I was not otherwise paid to write this. All thoughts and opinions are my own honest words.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I was just wondering if you could link your reviews of their other products? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! If you have any questions or comments, just go ahead and comment away. I'll get back to you within 1-3 days. :) Thanks for reading!